I had pumpkin puree leftover from the Pumpkin Fudge I made earlier in the week (recipe here). Wasting it was just not an option so I began googling pumpkin sauce recipes. For my Creamy Pumpkin Sauce I included variations of all the common ingredients I already had in my fridge and pantry. I even surprised myself with how tasty it was! Here is the final recipe:
- ¾ can Pumpkin Puree
- ½ lb Fusilli pasta (or your pasta of choice)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 3 cloves of Garlic minced
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash of ground All Spice
- Dash of ground Cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the minced garlic in the olive oil over medium heat, until soft, not brown.
- Begin boiling the pasta until al dente.
- Spoon in the pumpkin, heavy whipping cream and sour cream until mixed well and bring to a slow boil.
- Add the spices, salt and grated parmesan cheese until mixed and melted.
- Drain the pasta and stir into pumpkin sauce until well-covered.
Next time I will plan ahead and add half a pound of Italian sausage too!